NYSEMA Logo Use Policy
The New York State Emergency Management Association (NYSEMA) is a non-profit corporation. Its intellectual property ("IP") is one of NYSEMA’s most valuable assets and may only be used in a manner that furthers the association’s mission.
Among its intellectual property, NYSEMA has registered certain trade and service marks, including NYSEMA and the NYSEMA logo (collectively referred to as the "Marks"). This Policy sets forth the terms and conditions for the appropriate and permitted uses of these Marks. Use of the association's Marks is expressly subject to and conditioned on the User's acceptance of these terms. NYSEMA may use its Marks (or grant others permission to use its Marks) in any way it sees fit.
Linking to the NYSEMA website
- Users may, without written permission, use the Logo to denote an electronic link to the NYSEMA website – www.nysema.org - or its sub pages. Links from web sites that, in NYSEMA’s sole discretion, could be construed as distasteful or offensive, obscene, defamatory, libelous, misleading, or which are being used for illegal purposes are not permitted
- Any link established must transfer the viewer directly to the association's website, to enable viewing of the site as posted by the association, without the imposition of any frames, browser windows or third-party content.
- Use of the Logo, or linking to the NYSEMA website, is at the User's sole risk and must comply with NYSEMA's Website Link Policy NYSEMA provides this access "as is" and disclaims any warranties, express or implied (including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
To Denote Membership in NYSEMA
All members in good standing of the association may, without written permission, use the logo on their website, business card or letterhead to denote membership in the association.
Use of Logo(s) by the Media
Accredited news media, upon request to the association, may be permitted to use the Logo(s) in articles and materials about NYSEMA, its members, standards, services and mission, solely for the purposes of referring to the association. The association, in its sole discretion, may deny such use.
Co-Sponsored Events and Publications
Events, seminars, publications, etc., which are co-sponsored by NYSEMA, may use the Logos on their website and printed materials in conformity with the terms and conditions of this Policy. Any such materials or Logo use must be approved in advance by NYSEMA.
Use of NYSEMA Letterhead
- Members of NYSEMA’s committees, sub-committees and task groups must exercise care and good judgment in use of Association’s letterheads, envelopes and official titles/designations.
- Association letterhead, envelopes and titles may only be used for Association business and purposes, not for personal business.
- A letter (including electronic communications such as e mail) written on NYSEMA stationary or for official NYSEMA purposes should not contain personal comments and/or opinions of the writer. If unavoidable, the letter must clearly distinguish personal comments and opinions from official positions of the Association based on the Bylaws, Ethics policies, rules, regulations, procedures and balloted actions of association units.
- Leaders of NYSEMA committees, sub-committees and task groups must refrain from using official NYSEMA titles when expressing personal views or comments.
- Use of the association's Marks shall create no rights for Users in the Marks (including the Logos) or their use beyond the terms and conditions of the limited and revocable license set forth in this Policy or any written agreement relating to such use. The Marks shall remain at all times the sole and exclusive intellectual property of NYSEMA. The Associations shall have the right, from time to time, to request samples of use of the Logos from which it may determine compliance with these terms and conditions. Without further notice, NYSEMA reserves the right to prohibit use of the Marks/Logos if it determines, in its sole discretion, that a User's usage, whether willful or negligent, is not in strict compliance with this Policy, otherwise is not in the best interest of the association, the User is not a NYSEMA member in good standing or for any reason whatsoever.
- NYSEMA reserves the right to alter, amend or terminate this Policy at any time and without notice to the User. The User agrees to abide by any such changes or amendments.
- Use of the Marks/Logos does not imply approval or endorsement by NYSEMA of any individual, company, products or services, unless the User is a paid up certified conference venue.
- The interpretation and enforcement of the terms and conditions herein, and any compliance therewith, shall be made by the association in its sole discretion. Otherwise, this license is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, United States of America. Users agree to jurisdiction and venue in New York state and federal courts. User agrees that any breach by it of the terms and conditions herein entitles the association to an injunction (and possible damages) against the User.
Upon notice by the association, Users agree to immediately cease any and all further use of the Logos.